Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Books I'd Like To Reread // Top 5 Wednesday


So apparently Goodreads has added rereads to it's website! You can keep track of when you read your favorites and they will add to your yearly challenge. This is a Top 5 Wednesday that I missed wees ago and thought it would go well with the recent news. What are some books you'd like to reread? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry Potter by J Rowling. I started The Sorcerer's Stone in December and couldn't focus enough on it. I'll pick it back up later this year,but I am more looking forward to the later books. Books 5 and 6 are my favorite. I think this is because of the movies because I didn't like the first two when they came out.

Reason For Hope by Jane Goodall. I recently bought this from BookOutlet actually. I haven't picked this up since my senior year of high school, but it's the #1 book I recommend to everyone. Jane Goodall's work and writing helped shape me into a more aware and caring person towards other humans and the animal world. We need more people like her in the world. I've been wanting to reread this book for awhile.

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. I think this is a great book to reread right now.

Great Alta series by Jane Yolen. I read this series in my freshman year of high school with one of my friends at the time. I loved it and it was a great age to read it. I hadn't read anything like it before. I hope I don't ruin the nostalgia by rereading the series. This was a time before great YA novels with girl warriors were published. Jane Yolen gave depth to her books that was more than just an action-based story-line.

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. This is another book I read in my early high school days. My puppy, Mollie, had chewed the cover of my copy. I still have it. I was so interested in reading about people who traveled to other countries, especially in the Amazon. This was a pretty epic story. I think it was the first family drama that spanned decades.

1 comments:

  1. I love that Goodreads has done this! Jane Goodall is one that I would really like to read (for the first time) one day, and you are really convincing me to pick it up! I really like books 5 and 6 of Harry Potter also! I think I prefer when they are slightly older, and it also just feels like there is more going on and more detail sometimes. I've never read the Great Alta series either, but it sounds really interesting! I hope you get to reread a few (or all!) of these. :)

    ReplyDelete