Friday, January 6, 2017

December in Review



My December

I once again didn't read all the books I wanted to read. I fell short on my Pop Sugar Challenge and my Goodreads goal. So next year I am not going to do them and just enjoy reading. However, I did finish 5 books and they were all enjoyable. My favorite was, of course, the latest Kate Daniels book. Divergent was the only book that fell flatter than I anticipated. I feel like I should have read it when I was a young adult, not at 29 years old. Hence, the age category is YA. Genius, Katie. My husband and I took the dog and went on a little family trip. We all needed some R&R and adventure. I realize I love the buildup to Xmas - when everything is decorated, people are nicer, and there is a magic in the air that helps with the shorter, darker days - but when the 25th itself comes along I am not too ecstatic. It might be that I am older, there is no mystery and there are large families on both my and my husband's side that we need to buy presents for and can't forget that ONE person or there is a guilt trip. I miss my family though. A LOT. In 2017 our focus will be our health and growing a family, and deciding if we move to a new area or not. Moving is a pain in the booty. In 2017 I want to read for fun. Stress-free TBRs and no big challenges or goals will be a relief. I want to just pick up a book because I am in the mood for it. One personal reading goal I do have is to read all of Jane Austen's works. I think it is in 7 volumes: Juvenalia + the 6 full-length novels. I have all of them, except Persuasion. I want to devour her works finally and have a favorite to re-read in the years to come. How was your December?


I Loved About December

1. The trip I took with my husband and dog! We hadn't had a vacation since May/June 2015.

2. Hot cocoa with Bailey's Irish Cream added to it. So yummy!!

3. Festive candles from Bath & Body Works.

4. The Advent Calendar I made for my husband as his Xmas gift. I did good, haha. 


My Favorite Read




What I Finished





Currently Reading





Blog Posts

In anticipation for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, I did the ultimate GG Tag!

I reviewed Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh - I recommend it!

My Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2016.

The Books I Meant to Read in 2016 & Totally Will in 2017!


Songs I Have Been Loving

Clean Bandit's Rockabye ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie

Sia's Never Give Up

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely month (despite not reading all of what you wanted to)! A much -needed vacations sounds great, so I'm glad you got to do that. :) I've been hearing a lot of great things about Ilona Andrews' work, so I think I'll have to pick it up soon. Reading all of Jane Austen's books sounds like a great idea, good luck with it and I hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordan! My husband finally got to relax and sleep through the whole night so the trip was well worth it! You really should read Ilona Andrews' work!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      -Katie

      Delete