Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 Goals // Top 5 Wednesday



I've decided this year to make resolutions that will be attainable. I'm not gong to do any crazy reading goals this year. I failed to complete the Pop Sugar Challenge and was 2 books short of my Goodreads goal. I will not be setting a Goodreads goal, any challenges like Pop Sugar and I won't give myself strict and overly ambitious TBRs. Here are the goals I do plan to stick to: 

Put a large dent in my physical TBR. I have accumulated so many books this past year after I got my bookshelves. I have so many books I'd still like to get, but I really want to read my own physical books before going crazy at the library or NetGalley/Edelweiss. This will be me so happy to lower my physical TBR. 

Take more photos of my books. I have so many! I'd like to appreciate the beautiful books I have and post them on my blog and Twitter more often.

Get Healthier. I am at my heaviest weight in my life right now and I want to have children soon. I must lose some weight and have a healthier lifestyle - mentally and physically. No more pushing back to start a family. I am 29 years old now. (I'm not obese btw, I just want to go back to my weight in college.)

Learn to play the guitar. My thoughtful husband gave me a guitar for Christmas this year! I have been wanting to play for years and now I finally can. We soon discovered that it isn't as easy as we thought after we watched a couple online lessons. I want to be able to play well by the end of 2017. Maybe even be decent at Spanish guitar playing... :D Do you play guitar?

Read the books I buy within a month of buying them.  Going along with the first goal- I would love to decrease my TBR and to help with that is to refrain myself from continuously buy books that will sit on my shelves for months to years. So when I buy books this year I will read them within the first month or two of owning them. This will give me something to look forward to and it will be nice to buy without books without the guilt of cluttering up shelves or binge-buying books. 


What are your goals for 2017?

0 comments:

Post a Comment