Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2016 Releases I Bought & Meant To Read But Didn't Get To (But TOTALLY plan to) // Top Ten Tuesday



I don't normally keep updated and buy new releases, but the books on this list we ones that peeked my interest the most that I had to have them. (Or I got it from Illumicrate.) These books are in no particular order. I normally don't like getting new releases and then not reading them because I haven't heard that much about them. I was really trying to stick to my Pop Sugar Challenge last year that I couldn't indulge myself with a new book that didn't fit into the categories. However, this year I want to read these releases, get the sequels if I love it and gush about it on Twitter and blogs. Which 2016 releases did you not get around to last year, but will make a priority in 2017?



The Graces (The Graces #1) by Laure Eve. I've written about this book a lot these past 6 months or so. I am ready this September to get into my witch books, 90s movies, and vampier fashion.

Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) by Jay Kristoff. This is another book I have mentioned on my blog before. I received this in my Illumicrate box and pre-ordered it. I love the UK cover compared to the US. I think I'll pick this up during the year when I'm in the mood.

The Muse by Jessie Burton. I hadn't read The Miniaturist yet, but it seems that Jessie Burton's next book is equally as popular. That cover design is gorgeous. I don't know what month or season to pair this with.

The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McNerney. I have heard only good things about this novel. It seems more popular in the UK compared to other parts of the world. My paperback copy is a BRIGHT orange so I definitely won't miss it this year. I hope to get to this on a dreary day in the spring. 

The Butcher's Hook by Janet Ellis. I heard about this on Jen Campbell's channel on YouTube. It has less than 1000 ratings on GR! I've heard really great things about this novel and that it is kind of brutal. I hope to get to this in the first half of the year. 

The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney. I wasn't that interested in the book at first, but after watching good reviews of it on YouTube I decided to buy it on sale at the local bookstore. The paperback has a cool texture and looks exactly like the hardcover. I want to read this in the first half of 2017 as well. (I like to read most of my contemporary fiction during that time.) 

The Vegetarian by Han Kang. How can I not want to own and read the winner of the International Man Booker Prize?! I don't know when I'll read this. I think when I feel like it. 

The Madwoman Upstairs by Catherine Lowell. I bought this for the Pop Sugar Challenge of the book I see first in a bookstore. I still haven't read Jane Eyre and don't think I will- if we are being realistic. That is a motto I need to remember in 2017 "Be realistic, Katie!"

Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard. I think the second in this series already released this year as well. This was a book I was anticipating and got lucky when Illumicrate landed on my doorstep! I think this will be a good summer read. 

Christmas Days: 12 Stories and 12 Feasts for 12 Days by Jeanette Winterson. I bought this hoping to read it in the 12 days leading up to Christmas, but I received it, like, 3 days before. So this will wait until next December. I love how this is a hardcover without a dustjacket. I wish they did that more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment