Thursday, December 1, 2016

Gilmore Girls Book Tag

Related image


In anticipation for the Gilmore Girls special on Netflix I wanted to combine two Gilmore Girls book tags. The show aired the evening one of my great-grandmothers passed away in the hospital with her family around her. We were in the waiting room after with a couple of my cousins and the older one had the TV switched to the premier of GG. I hadn't heard anything about it, but later during my high school years my parents and I would watch it together on Thursday night. We had a tradition of watching it, plus Smallville, after dinner while I studied my vocabulary words or for an English test. It was because of Rory I started to store extra books in my dresser drawers. I'm happy that with the events going on in the world that Gilmore Girls is coming out with the four long episodes/movies. It's bringing people together, a small distraction for the pressing issues that many of us are experiencing. We are being transported to when we were younger, more carefree, more optimistic about the world and our future. We will all be hygge -ing it up while watching it. Season 4 and on aren't really my favorite years for Rory.. She didn't really know exactly what she wanted in life, or if she had a minor setback she didn't know how to deal with it. I loved Lorelai's wit, coffee addiction, positivity, and strength. However, Christopher was her Achilles heel and she kept going back to him or being there for him. I'm not a fan. I don't think any of the boyfriends Rory had are for her. I hope she at least gets closer with them in the new episodes or if Jess matured a lot I could see them together. I really don't Dean. Anyway! Here are the tags: *I got these from PrettyDeadlyBlog and RebelMommyBookBlog*



1. I JUST GOT HIT BY A DEER – character having the worst day ever.

Ann and T.J. from On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves. Thinking you are going to have a nice vacation in the Maldives, but your pilot has a heart attack during the flight. 

2. STARS HOLLOW – wildly eccentric cast

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

3. COFFEE – a book you’re addicted to/a character w/ an addiction

coffee in an iv
Raoul Duke and Dr Gonzo in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

4. SOMEONE DEVIL EGGED BY CAR?! – great act of revenge

deviled eggs
The novel Vengeance Road is all about revenge. It's a great gritty and intense YA western that makes me wish there were more in YA.

5. MR. MEDINA – an illicit affair

I think Mr. Medina was the only intellectual soul mate for Lorelai, but I hope she ends up with Luke. Anyway!!! The most notorious affair to me is the tragic story of Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. If you want a somewhat more update version (and easier to read) check out Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum.

6. KIM’S ANTIQUES – a world you’d be afraid to enter

mrs kim
I wouldn't want to live in the world of Divergent's Chicago. No one can be who they want to be. I would rather have freedom with a couple monsters than be forced to act a certain way.

7. HARVARD VS. YALE – character who needs to make a life-changing decision

Elizabeth Holland's decision in The Luxe on whether she marry the rich boy in her arranged marriage or follow her heart and head out West with no money with the stable boy.

8. LUKE’S DINER – a comfort read

luke's diner
Of course Harry Potter!

9. AM I CRYING OR LAUGHING? – a book that messed with your emotions

crying or laughing
The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Who do you root for? Wanda or Melanie. I felt so bad for Wanda, more than Melanie.

10. EMILY – the HBIC (Head Bitch in Charge)

A in Pretty Little Liars (never read the series,but became obsessed this past year with the show!)

11. LORELAI AND RORY – favorite family dynamic

Lola and her parents from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. 

12. I PUSHED HIM IN THE LAKE! – a book you’d throw in a lake

pushed him in the lake
Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham.

13. 1000 YELLOW DAISIES – favorite romance

Anna and the French Kiss.

14. JESS – an unpopular opinion

The Martian wasn't written that well. I didn't love it.

15. FIRST SNOW – snowy or holiday read

Of course my first reaction is Harry Potter. The magic and how harry finds a home with the Weasley's. There is also A Christmas Carol. This year I am going to read My True Love Gave to Me. 

16. HEP ALIEN – book centered around music

hep alien
I am not a musician so I really don't gravitate towards books that center around music and the instrumentalist "feeling the music course through them". I liked the cello parts in If I Stay by Gayle Forman, but I can't think of many books.

17. HE’D BETTER HAVE A MOTORCYCLE! – your book crush

Soooo... Morpheus from the Splintered series... Four from Divergent.... 

18. IT’S REPETITIVE AND REDUNDANT – a book that could have been shorter

redundant
I can't remember a book that made me think that. Maybe Breaking Dawn or Glass Sword.

19. KIRK – the weirdest book you’ve ever read

Little Nothing by Marissa Silver. It's like a modern fairytale set in Eastern Europe. You have to just go with the flow and not ask to many logical questions when you read it.

20. IT’S A LIFESTYLE. IT’S A RELIGION – that one book that means more to you than any other

it's a lifestyle
Reason for Hope by Jane Goodall.

21. Rory and Lorelei – a book with an awesome mother/daughter relationship

tumblr_ly6ajpqcQD1qi409go5_250
I don't read many books with good familial relationships that much. I can't think of one.

22. Rory – favorite character who is a bookworm

8019c910-ec2e-0132-ab0d-0acd8dfea39d
I just finished Season 5 of Pretty Little Liars and I'm sorry if this answer ins't completely from a book. However, I have been loving Spencer more and more. I love the many quotes she uses throughout the show and her love for Shakespeare.

23. Paris – a character who is snarky and completely honest, almost to a fault

Kara, the brave and fiery pilot from Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. 

24. Lane – book with an awesome best friend

rory-lane-cute-gilmore-girls-6515
Alyssa's BFF from the Splintered trilogy.

25. Sookie – a character who makes you laugh

Kate Daniels makes me laugh a lot. Her friends as well. 

26. Lorelei and Luke – a book about best friends who fall in love

gilmoregirlsgif
Lola and the Boy Next Door by S. Perkins. 

27. Jess – most swoon worthy fictional boyfriend

tumblr_n72uw4Bgpt1ssvjtqo6_250
I guess Eddie from These Shallow Graves, or Four from Divergent Series, or... others. ;p

28. Lorelai – character who is super clever and quick witted

Kate Daniels from the series by Ilona Andrews. They are good at writing snark. 

29. Logan – character who is a bad boy with that you can’t help but love

Morpheus from the Splintered trilogy.

30. Dean – character who is the perfect boyfriend but is boring

tumblr_nvdf4jeGBy1sydgo1o5_400
1. Dean is not perfect. 2. That would be Jeb from the Splintered series or Peeta from the Hunger Games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment