Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October in Review



My October

I'm baaccckkk. So, I think I put in a lot of energy this summer into reading and my blog that I got burnt out these past 2-3 months. I haven't been on Twitter either and I didn't post anything on my blog in October. However, I did write a blog post for Valerie, @ HeSaidBooksOrMe, about my thoughts on Readathons with tips and to keep you updated on various options HERE. *BTW, I'm always up for collaborations with other bloggers and would love to have guest posts from others on my blog!* I ended up reading all three new Harry Potter companion Pottermore novellas. They were alright, but I loved going back into the world and enjoying Rowling's writing. These Shallow Graves and Hausfrau were good reads, but super predictable. That doesn't mean they weren't written well! Those two books were my only novels I finished in October. I have so much to catch up on! Please don't give up on me! I am going to need to post 4 Top Ten Posts in a row next week. For next year I am debating whether to do the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge again. I kind of just want to read what I want and make sure I read my own physical books without having to worry about fulfilling challenges. However, I get bored easily and like to make things a competition to still be excited about picking up certain books. 
With autumn fully upon us I started to get excited about cooking again! I've been on a roll with cooking good meals and on budget. I've been gravitating towards Ree Drummond and Midwest Living for tasty, cozy, hearty autumn food. With Christmas around the corner we need to save as mch money as we can for presents, flights, doggy hotel, etc. I am making my husband an advent calendar as his present this year. It will be so much fun! I love planning things like this and buying gifts for people. He will have days of chocolate, candy and gifts throughout December. We are enjoying autumn more in our new apartment. Before we lived in the top floor/loft of a building and now we rent the main floor of an old house. There are more windows, more trees, more of a pleasant neighborhood vibe that we love. I love the leaves changing color and there are some gorgeous trees around here. How was your October?  


3 Things I Loved About October

1. Lady Gaga's new album - It's not as electronic as her previous music, but I love her more and more. 
2. Weekends with my husband and dog. It's always super chill- we go to the forest and beach and just spend time with each other. 
3. My husband is in Science Magazine. I'm so proud of him.   


Recipes I Recommend

Simple, Perfect Chili by Ree Drummond
Patty Melts by Ree Drummond
Lemon-Pepper Fettuccine by Food Network Kitchens
Southwest Corn Pudding by Midwest Living
Cider-Braised Chicken, Brussel Sprouts and Apples by Midwest Living
Mexican Chocolate Cake by Real Simple (Without the icing, but I sprinkled chocolate chinks on top when I took it out of the oven.) 


Books Finished



Currently Reading




November TBR



What have you been up to lately? What did you love about October?

-Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment