Thursday, September 1, 2016

What I've Been Up To // ARC August 2016 Wrap-Up





My August

   So I didn't read as much as I would have hoped in August. I may have gotten a little burnt out from June and July. I only completed 2 ARCs and I am currently reading 2 other ARCs. So we'll just leave it at that, lol.
   I turned 29 this past month as well. I went out to breakfast and walked around downtown with the husband and later that night he took me out to dinner. My husband got me an Alpina typewriter from 1957. I love it. Also with my birthday money I got a Mr. Magic Bullet Blender set - I have been making smoothies lie crazy every day since! I also got some books I will feature in my next Stacking the Shelves post. It includes more pretty books! I am so excited to read them! I am still currently waiting for my Goldsboro edition of Nevernight by Jay Kristoff to come in the mail. I also went by the charity shop. I have 4 books to donate there next time I stop by. I also signed up for the #COUNTDOWNTILGG Readathon/Bingo hosted by He Said Books Or Me. If you are interested you can sign up on her post still. I will be doing a separate wrap-up for that monthly.


Finished Books



ARCs Currently Reading




Top 4 Most Popular Posts

I planned my Autumn TBR for the months of September through November!
I made a lost of twenty books set in a boarding school I want to read. 
I posted my 2nd Mini Review Friday with nonfiction written by women. 
I did the New York Times By The Book Tag. You should do it too!


Summer Blogger Promo Tour Posts



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW WAS YOUR AUGUST?

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! That typewriter sounds wonderful, what a great gift! I can definitely relate to feeling burnt out sometimes - it is a very real thing, but it's also okay to have a slower reading month sometimes, I think. :) I'm curious to see what you think of The Beginning Woods, I've been seeing it quite a bit and am very interested in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:D
      Yeah, I've seen a steady decrease in my reading for the past three months. I probably need a little time to get excited about my books. The Beginning Woods has helped me with that actually. I'm 60% done with it and I am really enjoying it! I am tempted to get the physical finished copy when I buy more books next time because there are chapter headings with illustrations which I know will be gorgeous in person. It's just perfect for right now weather-wise and the ambiance is excellent. :)
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Jordan!!!
      -Katie

      Delete