Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday // College Majors/Professions Books Inspired Me To Choose



Okay, so I've had only, like, 3 or 4 actual majors or career paths, but there were other paths I thought about as well. For most of my life I wanted to be a marine biologist and conservationist. That fell through and once at university I decided on Forensic Science, but then halfway through university I narrowed my interests to Forensic Anthropologist by adding Anthropology as my major. After I got my BA I got accepted to a masters program and I applied my forensic anthropology skills to classical archaeology with the hopes of working in a museum to help with the preservation and study human remains. Now I am currently a housewife/blogger. Not that I needed to tell you all of this, but some of the books below are non-fiction that might come as a surprise to some people. I feel like there have been a couple books that helped shape who I am and what is important to me. There are also the books that highlighted other professions that I would enjoy, but will never get around to. Here are the books that influenced or enlighten these choices and other career ideas:


MARINE BIOLOGY


CONSERVATIONISM


FORENSIC ANTHROPOLOGY



CLASSICAL ARCHAEOLOGY


TEACHING: BOARDING SCHOOL


BUSINESS: BED & BREAKFAST OWNER


BUSINESS/LIBRARY SCIENCES: BOOKSHOP OWNER


CREATIVE WRITING IN MEDIA



This fun, weekly meme was started by The Broke and the Bookish. There they have scheduled all the Tuesdays and provided a list of old topics. The perfect meme for bookish list-makers. 
Link me your Top Ten Tuesday for today!

1 comments:

  1. This was a really interesting post! It sounds like you have quite a range of interests, and I think everything you've been interested in is wonderful. Great book choices!

    ReplyDelete