Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Top Ten (Twenty) Tuesday: Books I Want to Read Set in a Boarding School



       For this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic we had to list the Top Ten Books With X Setting and while I have done lists with books I have read in various settings I wanted to make my own list for my TBR. With the school year beginning around this time and September for a lot of students and teachers I have been in the mood to read books set at boarding schools. Also, around this time of the year I want to read more YA. I guess I am feeling nostalgic for my younger years. I went to Goodreads Listopia for a list of 577 books with this setting so I may be missing some great books in this list. There were so many I want to read on the list so why stop at 10 books?! Here are 20 books I want to read set in a boarding school. The titles that I have underlined are books that I own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Blythewood by Carol Goodman, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba BrayHex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani, Fallen by Lauren Kate, Sabriel by Garth NixThe Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, The Iron Trial by Holly BlackDeath Sworn by Leah Cypess
As I Descended by Robin Talley, The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart, A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin, Villette by Charlotte Bronte, Winger by Andrew Smith, Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
Among Others by Jo Walton, The Secret History by Donna Tartt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This fun, weekly meme was started by The Broke and the Bookish. There they have scheduled all the Tuesdays and provided a list of old topics. The perfect meme for bookish list-makers. 
Link me your Top Ten Tuesday for today!

WHAT BOOKS HAVE YOU READ FROM THIS LIST AND RECOMMEND? WHAT OTHER BOOKS ARE SET IN BOARDING SCHOOLS?

-Katie

4 comments:

  1. I love boarding school books! Winger and the Etiquette & Espionage series are my favorites from this list! The Covenant books are super addicting. The Raven Boys was good but slow for me. I really want to read Sabriel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I can't wait to get to those books. :)
      Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      -Katie

      Delete
  2. Death Sworn is interesting in that it's unexpected. And it has good characters. And it's a good story. But my favorite thing about it is really that it doesn't say or do the things you'd expect which can be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you! It sounds really good. I can't wait to read it. :)
      Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      -Katie

      Delete