Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Books I Will Never Read

Top 5 Wednesday

   For this week's Top 5 Wednesday we had to list five books we will never. We should all be honest with ourselves in that we won't be able to read all the books that are published yearly. It seems more and more books are published yearly. The books I listed below are popular books that I have seen around the book community that I know I will never get around to. This is because of what I've heard about them, the subject matter doesn't interest me, or it sounds like another book I physically have on my TBR I'd like to read. Then again, I could say that I'll never read these, but find it on my library overdrive and check them out. This will be the most likely scenario. Do you think I should really give one of these books a chance? Let me know in the comments below!

------------------------------------------------


Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, & John Tiffany. I think I have read and heard so many bad reviews that I am not even going to other buying it. I have tickets to see the play this April so I think I will wait to see it in person what they do with the story. I don't want any spoilers! After I see the play I'll see how I feel and may read it.

The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer. This is the one book I don't want to read because I'm not a big fan of the author. However, it has gotten some really good reviews so far. I have other books by comediennes that I are higher on my TBR.

The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. Some people have loved this book and some haven't been blown away by it. It has been compared to books that I already have on my physical TBR so I don't think I will ever get around to it.

I Was Here by Gayle Forman. I have zero interest in YA with suicide and people getting over death. ZERO.

Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson. I have no interest in the Gold Rush. None. This is another book that has had great ratings too. There are other books I am interested in that I will read before I ever pick this one up. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

-Katie

4 comments:

  1. Agree on the Harry Potter thing. Don't know the others.

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/top-5-books-i-will-never-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)
      -Katie

      Delete
  2. Definitely agree on The Cursed Child. I've had most of it spoiled, but I still just don't have the desire. I hope you enjoy the play, that's really exciting to see it!
    I also agree with Amy Schumer's book.. it might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm just not a huge fan of her, personally. I'm sure it's an entertaining book, but it's not one I'll be picking up.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll update on Twitter my thoughts on the play. :)
      I think the people picking up her book are actual fans and are who then give her the high ratings. Which makes sense. Her book is at the bottom of my list and I will probably never get to it unless someone actually hands it to me.
      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Jordan!!!!
      -Katie

      Delete