Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Stacking the Shelves // August




  Welcome to my book haul for August! So I went a little crazy and bought 8 books in July! Plus a little trip to the charity shop for one more book. I'm happy to finally own these books. Some of these books have been on my wishlist for a long time! I'm holding off until I get some money for my birthday this month before I buy more books or I take a trip to an actual bookstore. Also, I'm sorry if my photos are a little lame. Have you read any of these books? Let me know your thoughts. *All titles will be linked to their Goodreads page!*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Bought New:

+Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum. I got this for the PopSugar Reading Challenge topic for: protagonist with your same occupation. While I am a freelance writer and tutor I am mostly a housewife for the time being. I picked up the UK Hardcover because it looked cooler than it is in real life.
+The Muse by Jessie Burton. I feel everyone has been hauling this, especially a lot of people, like me, who haven't read her first novel, The Miniaturist. The cover is gorgeous!
+Constellation Myths: with Aratuss Phaenomena by Eratosthenes and Hyginus. A new translation by Robin Hard. Another Oxford World Classic for my growing collection. I thought this would be an interesting read.
+The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. This is one of Waterstones' Book of the Month. This middle grade sounds so good and the book itself shows how much the publisher, Chicken House, cares for their books. Every page is so gorgeous and the inside of the flaps are beautiful too. It's not that expensive so you should definitely buy this one.
+Sisters by a River by Barbara Comyns. This was originally published in 1947 and Book Depository had it on sale! So of course I had to get it. This edition was published in 2013, but the design looks like it could have been from the 1940's and 1950's.
+Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. Now I only need to get Emma to complete my collection of Jane Austen in these paperback editions!
+Evelina by Fanny Burney. This novel, published in 1778, predates other classics that everyone has come to love, including Jane Austen. I am looking forward to reading this! The non-rubbery version seems to be more pink, than purple. Penguin Classics needs to bring back the original texture of the covers!!!
+The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I thought about getting the hardcover edition by Penguin but I like how the white and blue pop on this paperback.




From Charity Shop:

+Oranges are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson. I finally have my own copy to read! After hearing about this forever I can finally see for myself why it is so hyped. This was a great find at the charity shop. I already have several books to donate there.




-Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment