Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them





  • Live in Paris! I've always wanted to visit Paris, even live there abroad for awhile. Maybe in my retirement I will live in France. I'd love to be there for the food, architecture, museums, the vibe, the food, the food, the food. (Anna and the French Kiss)
  • I wish I had gone to a boarding school. Since I didn't my children will go to one if they want. Maybe in highschool they will have the option of going if they want. (Every book set in a boarding school)
  • Go to Harry Potter World in Orlando! It looks like so much fun! 
  • Become a marine biologist. That was the first profession I whole-heartedly wanted to me. I bought book in Baltimore and devoured in for the rest of the family trip. I was 12 o 13 and after that I read zoological books for fun. (Listening to Whales: What the Orcas Have Taught Us by Alexandra Morton)
  • Be creative: write more with less fear and doubt. I am closer to 30 years old than I'd like to admit and two aspects in my life that I loved and was good at are writing and art. I pushed those aside for years and now I feel like I have to learn to ride a horse again. This book told me it is okay, that I'm not too old to start again. As long as I do it for me and not have huge goals. (Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert)
  • Not meddle in people's love lives. Seriously, if you read that book you wouldn't want to either. (Atonement by Ian McEwan)
  • Go on more roadtrips. Especially though the national parks in the U.S.A. (Amy & Roger's Epic Detour) 
  • Read more poetry. I haven't dabbled too much in poetry, but I want to devour all of it now! (milk and honey)
  • Travel to England. (Every book set in England)
  • Learn about Barcelona's (and Spain's) history and visit the old cities. (The Shadow of the Wind)

This fun, weekly meme was started by The Broke and the Bookish. There they have scheduled all the Tuesdays and provided a list of old topics. The perfect meme for bookish list-makers. 
Link me your Top Ten Tuesday for today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment