Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Most Unlikable Characters



 This Top5Wedneday is about unlikable characters who are not villains, but protagonists and side characters. I am not in a great mood right now so I may be a too blunt about my feelings for them. Oh well. One or two of these characters on my list may instigate some discussion. Bring it on!


  • Briony (Atonement by Ian McEwan) - I freaking hate this nosy little girl who creates some story in her head and basically ruins people's lives. 
  • Ron (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling) - I was never a big fan of Ron. He is lovable and adds comedic charm once in awhile. However, he also seemed like a tool who always stuffed his face with food. There. I said it. Which is also why I don't think he is a good match for Hermione. 
  • Mare (Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard) - In this second book of the Red Queen trilogy Mare become super annoying. I don't know why she had to become a narcissistic drama queen. Everything was about her and she was always brooding. A poor version of Katniss's struggles in the second and third Hunger Games. 
  • Guinevere Beck (You by Caroline Kepnes) - Joe was pretty blind to fall for Beck. She was manipulative and just overall unlikable.  
  • Lucille (This Raging Light by Estelle Laure) -  She made everything more dramatic than it was and how she spoke didn't seem like a teenager. There were weird analogies used at random times.


Who are your top unlikable characters? What do you think of my list?

0 comments:

Post a Comment