Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Books Outside My Comfort Zone // YA CONTEMPORARY

   I don't read much YA contemporary; I'm usually not drawn to it. I would consider YA contemporary outside my comfort zone since I've only read less than 10 books. When I do read it I feel like I'm a teenager again, I love the adorableness, I feel the feelz, I get lost in the pages of the younger world that I once was a part of. I feel like I lost out on these great books when I was a teenager, either because I wanted to read a classic or Anne Rice, or they weren't published during my teenage years. Here are my top 5 YA contemporaries: 



Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. (When it was published it was a YA contemporary unlike anything before!)

Looking for Alaska by John Green (Barely made this list. Not a John Green fan.)


What is out of your comfort zone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment