Sunday, July 3, 2016

Tea & Book Pairing with Brains, Books and Brawn // Summer Blogger Promo Tour



   Welcome to the 2016 Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by Amber and Jessica: The Book Bratz (@thebookbratz)! I will be featuring six ladies on my blog every Sunday during July and August. Likewise, they will be featuring one of us on their blog, everyone doing something different- tag, Q&A, or discussing their dream book to movie adaptation, etc. I am super excited to be a part of this tour this year and I am happy to meet such creative and nice people!

   This week I will be featuring Amanda from Brains, Books and Brawn! Be sure to follow her blog and her Twitter @BBBblogCA ! She's Canadian, speaks Spanish, loves working out, playing Zelda, sports, and loves tea. She recently participated in the Summer Series-Starter Challenge and I love her "Mini Monday" posts. I hope she continues with them! For this week's post she will be pairing one of her teas with one of her favorite books that she feels best fits with the vibe of the book. I hope you enjoy today's feature and stay tuned in the coming weeks for more!

Take care,
Katie


Hey everyone! 
 My name is Amanda and I blog at Brains, Books, and Brawn! Aside from being obsessed with books, I also have a bit of an addiction to tea! I currently have I think between 80 and 90 different types/flavours around the house; it’s really hard to pick what to drink some days.
 Today, I’m bringing you the best of both worlds! I’m pairing some of my favourite reads with a tea that reminds me of them! 
 A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas + Love Tea #7 from DAVIDsTEA 
 “Want to be lucky in love? Try this sultry blend of black tea, chocolate, strawberries, and rose petals - seriously, it’s a foolproof aphrodisiac.”
 As soon as I picked this tea up from my bin, I thought of ACOTAR! Sultry, dark, notes of sweetness. There’s also “love” right in the title and I mean...come on, Tamlin & Feyre (I haven’t read ACOMAF yet and I’m told it will change my ship but for now I’m firmly on the Tamlin train).
 Love makes me think of red and this is a black tea so Love Tea #7 also makes me think of the cover of ACOTAR 


 Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes + Genmaicha (from any source) 
 Genmaicha is a green tea with roasted brown rice (some have popped so it looks extra fun). Girls Against the Universe has a very strong mental health focus and genmaicha is the tea I turn to on the roughest days. Green tea is quite good for you so I see it as taking extra care of my body and the flavour/roasted rice taste so good it helps me calm down and try to work things out. I don’t have a super cool, mysterious therapist like Maguire does but this tea is a lovely fill-in! 





 Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston + Mighty Aphrodite from DAVIDsTEA 
Raspberry leaf is a girl’s best friend! (Seriously, that’s even what the tea’s description says) I turn to this tea on days when life is seriously kicking my butt. It helps relieve nature’s physical pain and tastes great to help on the mental/emotional side. This amazing book is all about strength and how we make it through the tough times without letting them define who we are and Mighty Aphrodite helps me fight the small battles so I can take on the world!   AND THAT NAME! It could only be more perfect for Kate’s Exit, Pursued by a Bear if it had been called “Mighty Hermione”. Females are tough as nails and I love that both this tea’s name and the story in the book reflect just that!  
  A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston + Chocolate Chili Chai from DAVIDsTEA 
 When I think of books with settings like this one, I can’t help but think of blends that contain chai! The chocolate and lily petals in this tea fit well with the beauty of not only Kate’s writing but also her covers and overall design of the various editions of this book. I haven’t finished this book yet but I think I need to curl up with a big mug of it and just binge read the end!! 







 The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow + Chocolate Rocket from DAVIDsTEA 
 Okay, I’ll be honest, I mostly picked this because of the word rocket. It’s as close to an orbital weapon as my tea collection will ever get. It’s also a maté which is a great choice when you’re looking for something energizing that isn’t coffee. Talis seems to never be short of some zing in The Scorpion Rules so I figure what’s better than an energizing blend with the word rocket in the name? It was practically hand-crafted for that blast-happy AI! 


 Thanks, everyone, for stopping by to see my book and tea pairings! Now all I want to do is curl up with a pile of books a kettle, and endless tea!


Next Week's Feature: Lizzie at Big Books and Grande Lattes (@LizzieSarcastic)

2 comments:

  1. The post looks SO great! Thank you for having me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Thanks for providing the feature. :D

      Delete