Monday, July 11, 2016

Stacking the Shelves // July



    Welcome to my book haul for July! I haven't been going too overboard this year with acquiring new books! I am only buying books that have a good deal or are pretty that I will want to keep them for years. It pains me to see books that people buy get un-hauled years later. Why bother acquiring them? This month I made a little Amazon purchase and went to the charity shop to donate a book back and get a couple more. Here's what I got:




Bought New: 
+Shirley + The Professor by Charlotte Bronte. Everyman's Library Hardcover edition. It took me weeks to decide on which edition of Shirley I wanted. I finally just picked this one.
+Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier. A gorgeous VMC edition! I want to collect all of du Maurier's work in these VMC hardcovers. However, my collection will have to come little by little.
+The Life of a Provincial Lady by E.. Delafield. It's so pretty to look at. VMC did a great job.
+Daphnis and Chloe by Longus. I've become obsessed with reading more ancient texts, especially if I don't have to translate them myself anymore, and I've heard good things about Oxford World's Classics editions. This one is translated by Ronald McCail.



From Charity Shop: 
+The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I love going by the charity shop to see what they have. The books are used, cheap, and for a good cause. Once I am done reading it I will donate it back. I have been wanting to read this for a long time. I refuse to watch the movie until I read it!
+Ballots, Bullets & Kabulshit: An Afghan Election by Toby Ralph. I got this for my husband. He likes world politics and keeps up with current affairs like no one I have ever met. I want to read it too at some point. I think Penguin's Specials editions look so cute. 

Have you read any of these? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment