Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Mid-Year Freakout Tag 2016




1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015. 
milk and honey by rupi kaur. It's a great collection of poetry for those who are starting to read it. I feel everyone should read this in their lifetime!

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
Y: The Last Man: Vol. 5: The Ring of Fire by Brian K.Vaughan. Try the series!

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
All the books! 

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Find out in my Top Ten Tuesday Post: 

5. Biggest disappointment.
The Martian by Andy Weir and Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard for the first 300 pages.  

6. Biggest surprise.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I didn't know what to expect going into it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the evolution of the narrator and real-life issues Chbosky incorporates into the story. 


7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Rupi Kaur and William Ritter. I like both of their writing styles. 


8. Newest fictional crush.
Jackaby is pretty appealing in the Sherlock Holmes way.


9. Newest favourite character.
Jackaby or Hannah Kent's portrayal of Agnes in Burial Rites.


10. Book that made you cry.
Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward. I kind of jut want to forget about it.

11. Book that made you happy.
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. A feel-good book perfect for the summer. 


12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received).
I've been buying quite a few books this year based on the cover. I bought a signed edition of the UK hardcover edition of Th Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan. So pretty!  


13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Anything to complete my Pop Sugar Reading Challenge! You can click on the page tab above to see my progress.

14 Favorite Book Community Member (Blogger, Booktuber and Bookstagrammer)
Booktuber: Jen Campbell
Bookstagrammer: seelieknight

-Katie

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I just picked up Milk & Honey! I've heard so many great things and I'm extra excited to read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think of it.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!!
      :D

      Delete