Sunday, July 10, 2016

Coffee Book Tag with Big Books and Grande Lattes // Summer Blogger Promo Tour



   Welcome back to the 2016 Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by Amber and Jessica: The Book Bratz(@thebookbratz)! I will be featuring six ladies on my blog every Sunday during July and August. Likewise, they will be featuring one of us on their blog, everyone will be doing something different- tag, Q&A, or discussing their dream book to movie adaptation, etc. I am super excited to be a part of this tour this year and I am happy to meet such creative and nice people!

   This week I will be featuring Lizzie from Big Books and Grande Lattes! Be sure to her blog and her Twitter @LizzieSarcastic ! She has great taste in music, likes cats, history, loves coffee, and writing. I love her header for her blog and I love the contrast of the colors she uses as her background and text. This week she will do the Coffee Book Tag! What better tag is there for a coffee addict?! I hope you enjoy the tag, feel inspired to do it yourself, and come back during July and August for more SBPT! 

Take care,
Katie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Hi, everyone! 
  I'm Lizzie from Big Books and Grande Lattes and I'll be guest posting on Katie's blog as a part of the Summer Blog Promo Tour. Today I'm going to do the Coffee Book Tag!


COFFEE BOOK TAG

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
BLACK
Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans. 

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)There's no doubt that Maggie Stiefvater and her books are popular. I read this book and wasn't a big fan, and I know others who were in the same boat until they read the sequel and became a fan. I've seen a ton of fan art and stuff pertaining to this series in my Twitter fan, so her fans are definitely hardcore. 

PEPPERMINT MOCHA
Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year. 

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
I can't think of any YA books that get more popular during the wintertime, so I looked up a book that will be releasing in December this year: the fifth book in the Falling Kingdom series. It looks like they all were released in December so that would make it more likely to be read during the wintertime. 

The Power of Five (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #1)HOT CHOCOLATE
What is your favorite children’s book? 

W.I.T.C.H. by Elizabeth Lenhard
My elementary school best friends and I were obsessed with this series. We all chose who we would want to be and everything. I still have all 26 or so books in this series. Whenever the next one came out I begged my dad to take me to the bookstore to get it, so it has some sentimental value. Few people knew about the series, but there was a cartoon adaptation that more people knew about. Sadly I didn't get the channel it was on in my house.

Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO
Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. 

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
This was my most anticipated book of this year and I absolutely loved it! It kept me turning the pages to see what would happen to Safi and Iseult next and what trouble they would get into. The cliffhanger killed me and I can't wait for Windwitch, which will be told from Merik's POV. 

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
STARBUCKS
Name a book you see everywhere.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
To me, this was the obvious choice. Not only is there the original series, but multiple spinoffs, a movie, and a TV show. Personally I didn't really like it. I couldn't get into it, but I know plenty of die hard fans that absolutely love it.

Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP 
Give a book by an indie author a shoutout.

Air Awakens by Elise Kova
I first heard about this book through Twitter last year, and decided I might as well read it to see what all the hype was about. I immediately loved it! The magic, characters, and world-building are all fantastic. If you tend to stay away from indie, you should definitely give this a try.



Reign of Shadows (Reign of Shadows, #1)
OOPS! I ACCIDENTALLY GOT DECAF
Name a book you were expecting more from.  
Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
I LOVE retellings, so I was really excited for this book. Sadly, this was a huge disappointment for me. I just couldn't connect with the characters, setting, or plot. I'm not too sure if I'll read the sequel, I'll have to decide closer to the release date.



A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
THE PERFECT BLEND
Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying. 
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Oh my god this book was perfect. I recently wrote my review and had so much trouble accurately describing my thoughts. It was a perfect blend of beauty and heartbreak. The ending pretty much killed me, and I have no clue how I'll survive the wait until next year.



Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy the rest of the tour! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Week's Feature: Kaitlin at Next Page Please! (@NextPagePlease_)

0 comments:

Post a Comment