Sunday, July 31, 2016

Art History Book Tag with BlankSlaters // Summer Blogger Promo Tour



   Welcome to the 2016 Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by Amber and Jessica: The Book Bratz(@thebookbratz)! I will be featuring six ladies on my blog every Sunday during July and August. Likewise, they will be featuring one of us on their blog, everyone doing something different- tag, Q&A, or discussing their dream book to movie adaptation, etc. I am super excited to be a part of this tour this year and I am happy to meet such creative and nice people!

   This week I will be featuring Claire from BlankSlaters! Be sure to follow her blog and her Twitter @BlankSlaters ! She posts lots of great discussions on her blog so go check it out. For this week Claire completed a tag I made!!! I made the Art History Book Tag, however it may need to be clarified that it is European art history. I had so much fun creating this tag and I hope there are fellow art and history nerds out there like me who will enjoy doing it! I hope you enjoy today's feature and stay tuned in the coming weeks for more! You can follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin to stay updated for more posts and reading updates. Also, be sure to check out everyone else's posts under the hashtag #SBPT on Twitter! 

Take care,
Katie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[European] Art History Book Tag
1.
Prehistory: Lascaux’s Cave Paintings – Beginning of Art.
A book that got you hooked on reading.

Definitely Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. That book got me hooked not only on fantasy, but also a lot of other YA books too. Mostly because Throne of Glass is such a fantastic book! I highly recommend it. Seriously, I could read this book over and over again without tire.
2.
Ancient Mediterranean: 1st period with advances in writing and art.
A book you feel is a masterpiece: well written and engaging.

Hmmm...Caraval by Stephanie Garber. That book isn’t out yet, but luckily I got approved for the book and was able to read it. This book is SO GOOD. Such a well written novel, especially being a debut and it’s quirks and theme really get the reader engaged.
3.
Gothic: Notre Dame Cathedral - Dark, Glorification.
Who (or what) is your favorite antagonist?

Victor Vale from Vicious by VE Schwab. Though in that book there isn’t really a set villain, everyone is technically a villain, Victor is a great villain. His personality is on point and damn, he isn’t all evil but when he is, it makes you wince in your seat.
4.
Italian Renaissance: Rebirth.
A book/series you love to reread.

I love to reread The Archived series by Victoria Schwab. That book is probably one of my comfort reads and is always perfect for a day in on a rainy or cloudy day.
5.
Baroque: Caravaggio – Dramatic, mysterious, and intense.
A book that was thrilling to read.

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco was such a thrilling read! The mystery behind the entirety of the novel was fantastic. I couldn’t wait to see what was next and though this book isn’t out yet, for anyone who hasn’t read this one should pre order ASAP.
6.
Rococo (Late Baroque): Palace of Versailles - Ornate.
Prettiest book you own or covet.

This is a tough one. I own the UK Hardback of Uprooted by Naomi Novik which is actually out of print. I love that edition and it is BEAUTIFUL. I definitely covet that book.
7.
Neoclassicism – Return to classical antiquity.
What is your favorite Classic?

Okay, don’t kill me but I don’t read many classics. I’ve read To Kill a Mockingbird and it was eh. So I can’t really answer this question.
8.
Realism: Millet – Depiction of everyday life, rejection of romanticism.
What is your favorite contemporary book?

My favorite contemporary novel is easily All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. That book broke my heart into a million pieces in such a good way. That is probably the most moving book I have ever read in the YA age range and it was really good.

9.
Impressionism: Monet- Choppy, light brushstrokes.
Name a  secondary character you love.

I really love Sloane from Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. She is such a cool character and I love her style and attitude.
10.
Expressionism: Van Gogh – Analyzing psyche.
Which complex character do you feel most represents you?

I don’t know. I honestly have no idea...
11.
Cubism: Picasso’s Blue Period.
A book that made you cry.

Oh easy! All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven! That place had tears running down my face, do not even get me started...
12.
Surrealism: Dali – Lack of reason, Expression of imagination.
What fantasy world would you want to live in?

The fantasy world of Caraval. That world is brilliant, so so brilliant. I love every aspect of it, the mystery and the drama. The magic, it is just breathtaking.
13.
Street Art: Banksy – Everyone can experience it.
A book you wish everyone would read/be exposed to.

This Star Won’t Go Out by Esther Earl. That book is an autobiography by the late Esther Earl. She died at age 16 from cancer. Though it is a sad book, it is moving. I felt it was really moving in the way that is makes you appreciate life more. It did for me for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Week's Feature: Cheyenne from Once Upon A Time Review (@OnceUpo15467743)

0 comments:

Post a Comment