Thursday, June 2, 2016

What I've Read: May 2016 Wrap-Up



Books I Finished




The Wicked + The Divine, Vol 1: The Faust Act by Kieron Gillen. 3.5/5 Stars.
-This was an entertaining graphic novel. I love the artwork, but the dialogue and references had me puzzled a bit. Not completely great, but I am interested in how things play out in the 2nd volume.

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. 3/5 Stars.
-This was my least favorite read of the month. I thought it would have more to do with the background story, but was really just a contemporary novel with added shenanigans. Which goes along with the point of it being about normal kids (the rest of us) and how they'd react to what goes on around them. It was finny in parts and in other parts the writing didn't click with me. However, one great quality about this novel is how it deals with Mikey's struggle with OCD. I loved how it was brought up and how it was realistically dealt with in the novel. 

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick. 4/5 Stars.

You by Caroline Kepnes. 3.5/5 Stars.

milk and honey by Rupi Kaur. 5/5 Stars.
-My favorite read of the month! Loved this so much! It is creatively inspiring as well. Everyone should read it! 

Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker. 4/5 Stars.
-I was pleasantly surprised by Mary-Louise's writing! For me, the writing wasn't the best, but I feel you kind of get to see how her brain works when you read it. Her life seems charged of events and people as well. Which made me question what the heck I am doing with mine.


Posts

Here are some ideas for BEACH READS this summer!


Currently Reading




June Plans

From June 5-19 I will participate in the TomeTopple hosted by ThoughtsonTomes. For this I will have the TBR of Beautiful Creatures and and the graphic novel ODY-C. After that I will see what I feel like reading. I have a library book to read first: Jackaby. After that I have 2 ARCs I would like to get through. That is a TBR of 5 books and I don't expect to read more than that now I am back home after visiting my parents'. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment