Friday, May 27, 2016

ARC April Wrap-Up




My April

   As with every month I started April with the best intentions that didn't come to fruition. My ARC April was lacking and The Martian kind of put me in a slump. The Martian wasn't as easy of a read as I thought it would be and the writing as a big disappointment for me. This may have been over-hyped for me in which it had a lot of expectations to fill. I also slacked on blogging due to taking care of another being and that takes time. Not to mention my grandfather passed away at the end of the month and I had to fly home to be with my family. Hence my very late April Wrap-Up. I read a total of 4 books and posted 2 reviews. The Darkest Corners was my favorite read of the month and Salvage the Bones was my least favorite. How was your month? After posting this I need to go blog-hopping since that is another activity I haven't had time for.


ARC April Progress

   I didn't think I would get very far with the amount of books I planned in my ARC April TBR. I was hoping to get at least 3 read and reviewed, but ended up reading 2. Aside from a few ARCs I must get through in June I will leave the leftovers for ARC August. I read a non-ARC in anticipation for Sleeping Giants which I did not get around to. I wanted to understand the claimed similarity of Sleeping Giants with The Martian and express my on thoughts on it. At least I got through two ARCs!


Books I Finished

Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward. 2/5 Stars.
     This book basically wrecked me. It triggered some depression and anxiety with the content. I don't know if having such an impact on me warrants a good rating or a bad one, but I never want to read this again.

This Is the Story of You by Beth Kephart. 3/5 Stars.
      My review is linked don below!

The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas. 4.25/5 Stars.
      My review is linked down below!

The Martian by Andy Weir. 3/5 Stars.
      The plot, originality, and detailed process were good. However, the writing, dialogue, and the amount of detail were not.    


Posts

Looking for a good book to read on rainy day? Here are some RAINY DAY SUGGESTIONS for you!


Reviews





0 comments:

Post a Comment