Friday, April 1, 2016

March 2016 Wrap-Up



This March I had such high hopes, but I haven't finished a book since March 16. I had hoped to finish the two I am currently reading, but instead.I got addicted to seasons 3 & 4 of Pretty Little Liars. My puppy is getting surgery today because she swallowed a squeaker from her toy and it got stuck. I will have 2 weeks to help with her recovery so I hope to not be deterred from reading too much in April.
I have been posting up a storm this month! My blogging slump is over! Quite a few of my posts have been about books on my TBR because I haven't been buying as many books as frequently lately. I had one good book haul this month after 5 months of nothing.  
 The theme for March seems to be books set in the future. I read a novel and novella from the Kate Daniels series and enjoyed both. I think it isn't necessary to read them all at once because they tend to get repetitive with the phrases and recaps. If you haven't read #5.4 yet and are about to read #8 I would suggest reading #5.4 first to get a quick refresher. #5.4 reminded me of the politics of the Guild and relationships among characters. Curran over time gets a little annoying with his alpha attitude,but I still love Kate. Future Shock was an eARC I read and posted a review. It is about a group of teenagers being sent to the future to collect data about the futuristic technology,but something goes wrong and they realize the future may not be what they anticipated. Even if it is targeted as YA I would recommend it as a quick read for anyone. Right now I am reading a library book for my Pop Sugar Challenge of National Book Award winner and one from my last book hall in preparation for a book I will read for review later in the month. I am reading these two and then want to get through the six ARCs I have planned for #ARCApril hosted by the ladies at Read.Sleep.Repeat..

How was your March?

__________________________________________________

Books I Finished:
Magic Shifts (KateDaniels #8) by Ilona Andrews 4/5 Stars
Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels #5.4) by Ilona Andrews 4/5 Stars
Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs. 4/5 Stars




Currently Reading:
Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward. 
The Martian by Andy Weir.




Posts:

Here are the BOOKS I GOT in March.

Here are some HISTORICAL SETTINGS I love and some I would like to read more of.

If you were curious to see what books I have ON HOLD from my library.

Some FUTURISTIC SOCIETIES I wish to read more of and a small list of books I have on my TBR.

I added books from the MAN BOOKER LONGLIST to my TBR.

Books on my SPRING TBR

January to March 2016 5-STAR READS.

My APRIL TBR



Reviews:




0 comments:

Post a Comment