Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Spring TBR



A great weekly meme thought of by The Broke and the Bookish.  Have you read any of these books yet? What did you think of them? I have 15 books instead of 10...oops!

For Review:

Sleeping Giants (Themis Files #1) by Sylvain Neuvel. Expected Publication: April 26, 2016 by Del Rey. A thriller said to be World War Z meets The Martian that sounds like it could be in the style of Illuminae. I'm intrigued.

Into the Dim (#1) by Janet B. Taylor. Publication Date: March 1, 2016 by HMH Books for Young Readers. Scotland + Secret Society + Time Travel.

Wandering Wild by Jessica Taylor. Expected Publication: May 3, 2016 by Sky Pony Press. Magical realism + Nomadic life + Unwanted arranged marriage.

The Last Days of Magic by Mark Tompkins. Publication: March 1, 2016 by Viking. "An epic novel of magic and mysticism, Celts and faeries, mad kings and druids, and the goddess struggling to reign over magic’s last outpost on the Earth."

The Taxidermist's Daughter by Kate Mosse. Expected Publication: March 29, 2016 by William Morrow. Gothic historical thriller that sounds so good!!! Eerie and dark. I think it originally came out in 2014 and is being republished.

The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig. Publication: March 3, 2016 (UK) by Hot Key Books. Pirates + Time Travel (I've been into time travelling lately.)

This Is the Story of You by Beth Kephart. Expected Publication: April 12, 2016 by Chronicle Books. "About the beauty of nature and the power of family, about finding hope in the wake of tragedy and recovery in the face of overwhelming loss." This seems like something out of my comfort zone.

The People in the Castle: Selected Strange Stories by Joan Aiken. Expected Publication: April 26, 2016 by Small Beer Press. "Tales of suspense and the supernatural that will chill, amuse, and exhilarate." I am so freaking stoked I get to review this!

Fever at Dawn by Peter Gardos. Expected Publication: April 30, 2016 by Anansi International. A tale of how a Holocaust survivor finds the love of his life. I think this is based on how the author's parents met.





Library Books and My Books: 

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I want to get as many of Jane Austen's novels read this year as I can. I will be going in chronological order of publication so this is the first.

Sepulchre by Kate Mosse. I will be posting on how I am picking my books to read in a later post. I've had this book for years and I'd love to see if I love it or not to keep it. 

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. This is a book I've been waiting on from the digital library.

Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward. This is a book I've seen a lot, but never thought of reading it. I also got this from my digital library and will be my pick for Pop Sugar's Reading Challenge for National Book Award Winner.

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephenie Perkins. I read Anna and the French Kiss lat year and loved it. I heard this is the least favorite of the three books she wrote. I have a copy of it and I am looking forward to getting those feelings I felt while reading the first book!

The Martian by Any Weir. I finally got this book! Super excited!









0 comments:

Post a Comment