Monday, February 29, 2016

What I've Read: February Wrap-Up


What I've Been Up To:
We've recently moved into our new apartment and haven't had internet. Therefore, I haven't been able to post much during February. As you can probably guess we have it now! Looking forward to posting more on my blog and watching Pretty Little Liars. Other than that I have been reading and taking care of the puppy. 


What I've Read:
Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed,3/5 Stars
I kind of just feel 'meh'. It was entertaining, but nothing I would recommend to someone over other books. However, I want to go hiking on the PCT,but prepared unlike Cheryl.
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, 5/5 Stars
The Audiobook is SO FREAKING GOOD. Got emotionally connected to the women of the story. Great storytelling!
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, 4.5/5 Stars.
The first chapters with Agnes's narration was so stuffed in similes. They were good similes and beautiful, but I couldn't not see past the whole, "I need to make this book poignant and ethereal." I got a little teary-eyed at the last quarter of the novel. I bought one of the beautiful hardcover editions with the black page edges. 



Currently Reading:
Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews: I could have finished this for the wrap-u if I really wanted to, but I love this series. I want my enjoyment to last!



February Posts:
Here are some of the Biggest Badasses I have read so far: all of them happen to be women!


How was your February?

0 comments:

Post a Comment