Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015



In this week's freebie for Top Ten Tuesday, from The Broke and the Bookish, I will list my top books of 2015. I meant to post this last month, but December was a lot busier than I had anticipated. Therefore I will post it now! I had a great reading year last year with a lot new favorite authors I discovered! It usually takes me awhile to get to recent releases, but I was lucky enough (and bold to purchase) to obtain some. In the list are some popular books in YA and adult literature, and I found they are indeed really great.


+We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.
    This novel was my first dive into suspenseful YA. I read it in one day. I loved the plot and setting!

+Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.
    I would like to read more by Franzen because I think his perspective of people is pessimistic and like mine. I didn't love the characters, but I had thoughts about them that went farther than just gushing about them. It is with a few authors that you think of their novels as a social commentary, like Zadie Smith. I hear The Corrections is one that is more popular.

+Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling.
    This woman made the speech that everyone should hear when they graduate!  Absolutely loved it!

+The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer.
    It wasn't so much action packed, as it was just a great literary read. I smiled in parts and was sad in others. The writing was easy, but witty to read.

+The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
    The humor was great and full of randomness that I appreciated. I will definitely read the next two books in the series. Too bad about Earth. If you haven't read this, try it. You may not love it, but try it.

+Lorali by Laura Dockrill.
    I received this for review from Hot Key Books without really knowing of the author. I realized that I had been missing out on this amazing performance poet who is a master with the spoken and written language. This is a magical book that I think anyone would fall in love with. Dockrill is another favorite author I am following now!

+The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew.
    Another book I received for review and couldn't put down. Hot Key Books is now a publisher I follow! The amount of detail woven in and out of this intense book was A+++ for me. I need more people to read it so we can discuss it! So good!!

+Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
    I finally realized why everyone makes a big hoop-la about this book. It is freaking adorable!  I want to be a teenager again, I want to go to a boarding school, especially in Paris! Etienne and Anna's relationship had me grinning like a dork while reading it. I hope to read the other two books in the series by my new favorite author.

+Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman.
    I received this for review and had to pre-order it! The theme for my favorite books of 2015 is attention to detail and having a certain atmosphere for the book. The dialect was kept throughout the book and the setting was perfect. Mix that with a little bit of folklore and action, you've got a good book!

+Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. 
    I got so absorbed in this book! Action, world-building, and some romance. I am eagerly waiting for the next in the series!










0 comments:

Post a Comment