Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Books I Didn't Finish


I usually prefer to finish something once I start it, but there has been a few times I couldn't finish it. Only a few in the list are books I will never pick up again while the rest I hope to be in a better state of mind to read them.

1. Belinda by Anne Rice: This is the only one I have no intention to ever finish. I got halfway and didn't want to waste more time on it. It is pure, creepy pedophilia... And in Anne Rice's way: in more detail than it needs and not much action outside the bedroom. Nope. Nope.

2. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, the audiobook: Basically all about her privilege with a job that will pay her to travel. I was listening to this when I was working a minimum wage job with a horrible person as a supervisor. I didn't feel like listening to her good fortune at the time. I started the audiobook and listened for the first 30 minutes. I felt sorry for everyone who read it and would never get to have those chances, who live paycheck to paycheck while some woman flounces around the world. However, I have the book and want to take another go at it. I read Gilbert's The Signature of All Things and loved it. I would read Eat, Pray, Love more to enjoy her craft than anything else.

3. Lies My Teacher Told Me by James E. Loewen: I don't know if and when I will ever pick this up. I got bored with it. The premise is interesting and I love history, but there were always other books. 

4. Watership Down by Richard Adams: It was hard to get into. I hope to read it someday fully.

5. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski: I started it and never went past the first part... Will get to it again sometime. It was a gift from my husband and he won't let me live down the fact I haven't read it completely yet. 






1 comments:

  1. I'm surprised to hear you didn't finish these books! I myself haven't read any of the five you've listed, but I've been meaning to read Eat, Pray, Love and Watership Down. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :-)

    Peach Print

    ReplyDelete