Thursday, October 1, 2015

September Wrap-Up and October TBR




Oh man. So we got a 10 week old puppy this month. = Not as much reading done or posts made. I didn't finish all I wanted to finish and blog about. I am currently reading four books for review. It is not the fault of any of the books that it is taking so long to read. I have been zombie-like and my life is centered around a puppy who eats, potty, sleeps, plays constantly. We have to carry her up and down 4 flights of stairs for potty to take care of her hips. I haven't been able to focus on my classes as well which started this month. I am happy I had such a great month in August, but it has not carried over to September. I am hoping October will be when we have better routines in our household. My quiet, organized life is over.
I found a bookstore in the city with a few of the rubbery Penguin English Classics in stock!!! I grabbed as many as my bank account could handle. There is still one more there that I hope they still have when I go back next month. I had a couple Amazon orders this past month as well. I purchased Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews to hold over until the Kindle price goes down on Magic Shifts or my library gets it. I also went to an independent bookstore and got A Girl Is a Half-Formed Thing by Eimear McBride.
 



What I Read:

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. 4.5/5 Stars. I loved this book! I wanted to be 10 years younger and live in Paris. I understand the huge hype now around the book. It is so adorable and funny! I used my Luna Lovegood magnetic bookmark while reading it.


Currently Reading:

Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman. I am really enjoying this book! I was so taken away with it before the puppy came. I am upset I had to pause reading it.

The Courtesan by Alexandra Curry. The story of a real life Chinese courtesan who lived in the late 20th, early 21st Century.

Irona 700 by Dave Duncan. A fantasy novel that reminds me of ancient civilizations in the Mediterranean. Follows a girl from the outskirts of a kingdom becoming a Chosen politician by the Goddess Caprice.

The Art of Language Invention by David J. Peterson. A dense, yet interesting nonfiction book on how to construct your own language from the creator of the televised Dothraki of Game of Thrones.





October TBR:

I might as well try to finish my currently reading first. However, here are the books I had planned on reading in October.

Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles. Published by Switch Press. This is for review and a great book to read in October.

Pop Sonnets: Shakespearean Spins on Your Favorite Songs by Erik Didriksen. Published by Quirk Books

Blonde Eskimo by Kristen Hunt. Published by Spark Press.

Through the Woods by Emily Carroll.






Blog Posts:

The Banned Books I have read and want to read: http://katiebibliophile.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-five-wednesday-banned-books.html

Chocolate Book Tag: http://katiebibliophile.blogspot.com/2015/09/chocolate-book-tag.html

My Top 10 Fall TBR: http://katiebibliophile.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-tuesday-fall-tbr.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment