Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors



   With my Top Tens there is no particular order of preference for the authors or novels. These are great story-tellers and world-builders who should be on almost everyone's lists. The photos are the novels I'd like to read/buy next from them.




+ Kazuo Ishiguro. 
I LOVE his writing style!! It's subtle and sticks with you after you finish the book. His latest book I want to read: 




+ Carol Goodman
I fell in love with her books after my graduation from university. I read one a week. You could notice a pattern, but I love how she has liberal arts settings. There are a couple I want to read next as soon as I find them! This is one of 3 series she has:




+ Ilona Andrews. 
Kate Daniels. Enough said. Latest published novel:




+ Khaled Hosseini. 
I've read all his novels so far. I loved The Kite Runner, but it was A Thousand Splendid Suns that put him in auto-buy.  




+ J.K. Rowling
I don't feel like I need to say more. Who doesn't have her on their list?





+ Carlos Ruiz Zafon. 
Another author whose writing I love. The Shadow of the Wind trilogy: amazing. I have to read Marina now that I have it. 




+ Brian K. Vaughan
His graphic novels are popular for a reason. Currently going through Y: The Last Man now and want to pick up Saga next. The 5th one just came out for Saga.




+ Diane Setterfield
I've only read The Thirteenth Tale, but I know I'll love Bellman & Black. She is great at creating ambiance and incorporating classic novels into her stories.




+ Elizabeth Gilbert
I love her fictional work. The Signature of All Things was lovely: cover, writing, story. 




+ Ernest Cline
Like many people, I loved Ready Player One. I had my husband read it, my friend, then her boyfriend, and my dad read it. All of them loved it. Of course I already bought this: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment