Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Favorite Required Reading


1. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. We had to read this for my English Composition class in college 10 years ago. o.O  

2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. One of my favorites. I loved analyzing the symbolism as well in class.  

3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I had already read it before we were assigned to read it and is a favorite of mine. Not at all what you'd think it would be about. It is gothic and poignant. 

4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. I didn't know what to expect before reading this in class. Nothing is as it seems from the outside. I didn't realize before that the people who are supposed to take care of you are actually not for your best interests, but society's.  

5. The Iliad by Homer. I love ancient Greek and Latin writings. It was great to go over this in class and discuss parts of it. 







2 comments:

  1. This is a great list! I read a few of these books in high school, with the exception of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. I would say that The Great Gatsby is my personal favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some people required reading isn't that fun, but I enjoy analyzing them. :) Your blog is looking good btw! I like the background. I need to get icons for my social media too.

      Delete