Monday, August 31, 2015

ARC August Wrap Up & September TBR



   I came back to my blog this past August full force in the first 3 weeks and then kind of staled out for the last. I finished only half of my original ARCAugust TBR. However, I am happy with how much I read and the reception my reviews received by the authors. This month was a good reading month with several great books. I read 4 ARCs this month and started my fifth. I also read a non-ARC and listened to an audiobook. My class starts back up this week so I won't have as much tme to dedicate to reading, but I don't feel as stressed anymore when I read.
   I have a new favorite publisher: Hot Key Books. I read and reviewed two books from them this month and loved them. They are great at putting out books with great writing style and ideas. I hope to work with them more in the future.




Books Finished:

+Fearsome Magics, edited by Jonathan Strahan. 4/5 Stars. I enjoyed these short stories. Some of them were darker than I had been expecting, but some stuck with me after. 
+Ensnared by A.G. Howard. 4/5 Stars. I really enjoyed this trilogy - it was fun and entertaining. I can't wait for the second novella to come out in December. The ending of the third was ind of predictable and yet frustrating. 
+The Here and Now by Ann Brashares. 3/5 Stars. YA sci-fi with time travelling heroine. It has a great plot.
+Lorali by Laura Dockrill. 5/5 Stars. One of my favorite books this year. The writing was amazing!
+The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew. 5/5 Stars. Another great book from this month. An alternative history novel set in the UK about how society would be if the Nazis won WWII. Awesome story telling and great detailed focus on domestic life. 
+Brown Girl Dreaming by Jaqueline Woodson. 4/5 Stars. I had the audiobook and want to read it again, but in physical form. With the physical form I will be able to focus more on it. 


Blog Reviews/Posts:
Click to read them!



 +Favorite Required Reading: http://katiebibliophile.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-five-wednesday-favorite-required.html

+ARCAugust Week 1 & 2 Update: http://katiebibliophile.blogspot.com/2015/08/arc-august-update-1-week-1-2.html

+My Auto-Buy Authors: http://katiebibliophile.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-auto-buy-authors.html


Currently Reading:





September TBR For Review:

+The Courtesan by Alexandra Curry. Publication Date: September 8, 2015 - Penguin, Dutton
+Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman. Publication Date: September 1, 2015 - NetGalley, HMH Books
+The Art of Language by David J. Peterson. Publication Date: September 29, 2015 - Penguin, Penguin Books
+Irona 700 by Dave Duncan. Publication Date: August 18, 2015 - NetGalley, Open Road Integrated Media
+Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles. Publication Date: October 1, 2015 - NetGalley, Switch Press


Books Bought:

   This was my birthday month so I got quite a few books! I got 4 of the Penguin 80 Little Black Classics editions. 2 of the Vintage Classics Austen Series - I guess I am collecting them now! Plus some beautiful hardcovers of currently hyped books.

 
 




-Katie

2 comments:

  1. I read Brown Girl Dreaming this month as well, and I loved it :D You did great with ARC August. Congrats!

    Here's my update if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems quite a few people read Brown Girl Dreaming! I saw it multiple times among my Goodreads friends. Thanks!

      Delete