Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Books That Take Place in Missouri

T5W


  Here is a list of the books that take place in Missouri, my home state. A lot of it is either children books or messed up people.... Nevertheless, here are five of them.

1. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. A children's book and something the state requires you to read in high school. Set near Hannibal, Missouri and the Mississippi River this is a children's classic. 

2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. This falls into the messed up category of books that take place in Missouri. It may have the nickname of "Misery", but it doesn't drive everyone crazy. 

3. Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell. I haven't read this book, but watched the movie. I liked the movie so I will have to pick up the book at some point as well. It is set in the Ozarks which reach down to Arkansas. I must say not all country Ozark people are druggies or crazy!

4. Jesse James: Last Rebel of the Civil War by T.J. Stiles. Another book I haven't read. Jesse James is from Missouri and was considered the Midwestern Robin Hood in the mid-to-late 1800's. This is something I would be interested in though. 

5. Stoner by John Williams. I have heard mixed reviews about this one. It is set in Missouri at the University of Missouri. Don't know which one. Due to the mixed reviews this will be pushed back in my TBR list. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment