Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Mid-year Book Freakout Tag




A new tag created by A Book So Fathomless  
"It's a pretty simple little bookish survey for you all. Just answer the fifteen questions, add the link to your post and read back over your answers at the end of the year to see whether they've changed or not."



1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015. 
I am so happy that I have found some new favorites this year in reading! We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling, Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block, Splintered Series by A.G. Howard, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer. 

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
Unhinged by A.G. Howard. Only sequel I have read really other than #2 and 3 in Y: The Last Man series. Also good. 

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and Armada by Ernest Cline.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews!!

5. Biggest disappointment.
Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham... Even then I wasn't expecting much. 

6. Biggest surprise.
Splintered series by A.G. Howard. I started reading it after someone spoke about it and wasn't really into the idea of fairies. Then I read it and got so absorbed in it.

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
E. Lockhart, Douglas Adams, and maybe Jonathan Franzen.

8. Newest fictional crush.
Morpheus from Splintered series. If I had to pick. 

9. Newest favourite character.
Morpheus from Splintered Series, Yorick from Y: The Last Man. 

10. Book that made you cry.
None so far. 

11. Book that made you happy.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 


12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year. 
North and South by BBC *swoon*


13. Favourite review you've written this year.
Emissary and Prequel by Chris Rogers


14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
The Night Circus and The Hobbit cloth hardcover edition! Plus Persephone Books too! 


15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
My eARCs and I would like to finally read some of my classics!

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading "The Night Circus" right now! Such an interesting style and format.

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I hope to read it at some point, but I am so hyped to read it I am afraid I'll get disappointed. lol

      Delete