Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Wrap-Up and April TBR

Books I Read:

    Looking for Alaska by John Green. 4/5 Stars. 
      Pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this one. I see the appeal others find in it. 
        

    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. 3/5 Stars. 
      There is wisdom in this novel that seems more of a parable than anything. The ideas were plainly written and repeated over and over. 
        

    Y: The Last Man #1: Unmanned. 4/5 stars.
    Y: The Last Man #2: Cycles by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra. 4/5 stars. 
       I am enjoying this series! I should buy the rest!


    Emissary by Chris Rogers. 3/5 stars. 
      My review with the Prequel is posted on the blog. Obtained through NetGalley.

    Never Go Home: Prequel Short-Story to Emissary by Chris Rogers. 4/5 stars. 
      Perfect companion to Emissary! 








Currently Reading:

    Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. 

    Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little.  





Reading Challenge Progress:  
    
    I did not complete the two books for Letter A: The Alchemist and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I am behind by 1 books on my GoodReads challenge. I started a series I said I wanted to start this year from my Top 5: Y: The Last Man. 

     11/50 Goodreads 2015 Challenge.



Blog Posts: 



Books Bought: 
    
    The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein. 
      -I've been wanting to read this books for ages! This is the next book I obtained form the 5 before you buy project. (Black Greek Coffee, *Not That Kind of Girl, *We Were Liars, The Alchemist, Y; The Last Man: Unmanned

    Aside from the 5 to read before you buy 1 I couldn't pass up purchasing some Persephone books for the first time! It was Dorothy Whipple's birthday and they were having an offer! I finally got to get my hands on them and one other I had been eyeing for awhile! =4 total

   Then I went to a charity shop and picked up for cheap a few books that I had been wanting to read. These I will give back to the charity once I'm done reading them so that they can make more money off of them.










April TBR: 

    -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. 
    -Fearsome Magics by Jonathan Strahan.
    -A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. 
    -Gunpowder Alchemy by Jeannie Lin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment