Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Books That Made Me Think

T5W


   This week's T5W is about books that made you think. As a way of explanation of why I chose these books I will tell you what I thought after I read them. I will not include a synopsis for them. 


-The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - Am I on the right path of my Personal Legend? Am I listening to my heart? There is always the fear of being 50 years old and realizing I never did what I wanted, never tried to accomplish what I feel would make me the happiest.  

-Reason for Hope by Jane Goodall - We need to believe in humanity and treat our environment with more respect. Jane Goodall is such a huge inspiration to me. 

-Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg - I should have gone to a better school for a good career? Can I still have a great career? Also, I think about how I will prepare myself for sexism in and out of my job. 

-The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro - Am I living my life to the fullest without regrets? Am I doing something with my life I won't regret? Something to think about when you move around based on your husband's career...

-Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - What if you found out your sole existence was to help your clone and you were discarded and bound to die? That would be so tragic and you feel so much more empathy for the characters. Could this happen in the future? Complete humans with consciousness and who can feel pain and loss?






What are some books that made you think and what did you think?

-Katie

1 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely agree with The Alchemist. I loved that book.

    You can see my list here if you want.

    ReplyDelete