Sunday, March 1, 2015

February 2015 Wrap-Up and March TBR

Books I Read:

    Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" by Lena Dunham. 2/5 Stars. 
        Didn't have high expectations for this book, but was an entertaining read.  

    We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. 4.75/5 Stars. 
        I really enjoyed this YA Novel! It was well thought out. I figured out what was happening 34% of the way through and I was still completely into the story!

     The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. 3.75/5 Stars.
        I enjoyed the dual narration and the struggle for freedom for both characters. I didn't realize until the end that it was based on true characters. You can read through it easily and there are many quotable passages.





Currently Reading:

    Looking for Alaska by John Green. High hopes for this one. Library Kindle.

    Emissary by Chris Rogers. Received for review from NetGalley.

    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Part of my A-Z Challenge. 



Reading Challenge Progress:  
    
    I am not very far on any of my reading challenges. I did not complete the two books for Letter A: The Alchemist and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I went on a bit of a reading slump. I was so hyped to start the year with these challenges and am behind on 3 books on my GoodReads challenge. Maybe I set myself too high and it is dragging me down that I need to complete it. I've felt some longing for a few other books on my shelf that I wanted to read and forced myself to stick to the ones I have. I hope to do better in March. 



March TBR: 

    -Emissary by Chris Rogers
    -The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
    -Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
    -Looking for Alaska by John Green

0 comments:

Post a Comment