Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Top Five Wednesday: New Authors in 2014

For this Top 5 Wednesday I will list 5 authors I started reading in 2014 that I am thankful for and intend to read more of their books.

1. Neil Gaiman. I read The Graveyard Book earlier this year and finally understood why his books are so loved. He is an amazing writer with an incredible imagination. I can't wait to get lost in his other books!

2. Elizabeth Gilbert. I read The Signature of All Things and I fell in love with her prose and vocabulary. It was fun (yes, fun) to read the sentences she would construct. She writes how I've always wanted to.

3. Gillian Flynn. Talk about the queen of drama. Oh man. I read Gone Girl and it was like watching a reality show with so much drama and psychotic people. It was enjoyable to say the least. I really want to read her other two novels. It was like a guilty pleasure reading Gone Girl. Flynn really knows how to captivate an audience.

4. Marissa Meyer. I read Cinder and immediately bought it and Scarlett. I have yet to read the second of the series, but I'm so fascinated by the world Meyer built. I look forward to getting absorbed in the series!!

5. Ruth Ozeki. It is hard for me to discuss A Tale for the Time Being. I wanted to write a blogpost about the novel, but after 3 months of reading it I still think about it. Ozeki seems like one of the authors that no one really exclaims they adore, but her books leave a lasting impression. I want to read more of her works.


Who were some of the authors you started reading this year?

1 comments:

  1. Omg. Thank god you added two of my fav authors, Flynn and Gaiman. Hope you read more books of them:)

    ReplyDelete