Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Top Five Wednesday: Halloween Reads I Recommend

Here are my top five picks with categories for Halloween. Then I have a short list of runner-ups. 




1. Graphic Novel : Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
I have not read this, but I recently purchased it. It has gotten rave reviews.

2. Classic: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
I was surprised I ended up sympathizing for the monster and it is not at all like the horror films. My first Gothic classic I ever owned.




3. Fantasy: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
It has all the creatures found in horror films. Just think how you would cope with magical creatures roaming around your city. October is not so much about horror, but fantasy for me.

4. Comedy: Undead and Unnwed by MaryJanice Davidson
It is about a woman who is unable to cope with the fact she turned into a vampire. Not to mention a vampire queen  with a shoe fetish. 

5. Literary Fiction: The Historian by 
It is based off Dracula, but weaved with the main character's family history.





Mentionables
Horror-Parody/Originality: Horrostor by Grady Hendrix
YA: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Contemporary Classic: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
Short Stories: Dracula's Guest by 

0 comments:

Post a Comment