Thursday, September 25, 2014

Top Five Wednesday: Non-YA Novels

I've only recently (within the past year and a half) gotten into reading YA so this top 5 isn't so difficult for me. These five books are the books that stand out to me the most. 

1. The Shadow of the Wind
   I probably rave about this book enough on here and in life, but I absolutely LOVE this book. The atmosphere, setting, and plot are intriguing. I purposely dragged our reading this book because I didn't want it to end!

2. The Witching Hour
   This was probably the first adult book I read when I was in Junior High. I was completely engrossed with the back story and the descriptions of New Orleans. It is pretty long and there are a lot of descriptions, but I flew through this book. 

3. Magic Bites
  Another book I probably say enough about, but it is my favorite urban fantasy series. Action packed, witty, and Curran.

4. Reason for Hope: A Spiritual Journey
  This was one of the more inspiration books during high school. I wrote my college entrance essay based on this book. Jane Goodall has been such an inspiration for me and this book was perfection.  

5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  I remember reading this and feeling emotions (like shock) that I hadn't read in most books before. It is a griping, dark tale that left me wanting more at the end. The characters drink lots of coffee in the books. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment