Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Best Books I Read in 2013

In 2013 I read 29 books in total. Of those 29 there were a few books/series that I really enjoyed. 

1. Kate Daniels Series #1-4 by Ilona Andrews.
   This has to be my most loved find in 2013. I love this series. It is an urban fantasy series set in Atlanta with humor, action, and a strong witty protagonist. These books are incredibly entertaining.Highly recommended. 5/5 Stars

2. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
   I had my boyfriend and friend read this. A book filled with pop culture references perfect for nerdy people who love/d the 1980s. Since reading this book my boyfriend and I have been obsessing over 80s movies. 4.5/5 stars

3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
  A book that doesn’t really need a summary. I felt the ending was too short, but I enjoyed it. 4.5/5 Stars

4. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.
  Written by a teenager and published in 1967, I read this book not only to see what a teenager at that time would write her own novel about, but to get a glimpse at the pop culture used during that time. I read it for pleasure and as a study. I’m happy I read this one. 5/5 Stars.


I read more that I felt were pretty good, but these are by far the books I would strongly recommend to others. Notables include: The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (really awesome reading it since I am living in Barcelona right now!), and Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson.  

-Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment