Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A to Z Bookish Survey

Author you’ve read the most books from:

According to my Goodreads (I haven't added ALL the books I've read) that would be Ann M. Martin: California Diaries and The Baby-Sitters Club

Best Sequel Ever:

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

Currently Reading:

A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki.

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Coffee, tea, water

E-reader or Physical Book?

LOVE physical books. Hands down. I'll read on my Paperwhite for galleys and to read in bed while my husband in trying to sleep or travelling

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

I didn't care about dating in high school, but I guess Ron Weasley. 

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. I read this when I was 14 or 15 and didn't know it was so well known. It was great for someone my age.

Hidden Gem Book:

Altaica by Tracy M. Joyce.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

When I found BookTube. It was such a great moment to find people who loved books and dedicated videos to them.

Just Finished:

Altaica by Tracy M. Joyce

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I'm not a big fan of New Adult or Romances. I'll read them if they sound good, but I don't generally gravitate towards them. 

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Th Witching Hour by Anne Rice = 965 pages... I think

Major book hangover because of:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. 

Number of Bookcases You Own:

My place plus my parents? 6

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Preferred Place To Read:

Our couch when it is rainy and chilly. Warm sunny days - on the terrace below the castle.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

Fermin's quotes in The Shadow of the Wind.

Reading Regret:

I never read some books that would have been great to read growing up: Percy Jackson, Chronicles of Narnia, other classic children's and middle age books.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

The Cemetery of Forgotten Books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon- Need to read Angel's Game.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

...........

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

I am always excited for Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Love them!

Worst Bookish Habit:

Checking out or buying too many books than I can read. I am a bibliophile so I enjoy obtaining books, having nice covers and holding the books more. 

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Hmm... so my books are kind of spread out in my living area. I have an actual bookcase with fiction, travelling, and language books, plus papers. Then I have a shelf for history and academia. Then I have vintage books lying around. On my fiction bookshelf it is The Alchemist by Coehlo. 

Your latest book purchase:

I went to FNAC today. They had a lot of Catalonia independence books around for September 11. I got Victus in Catalan for my husband and La Mano de Fatima y La Sombra del Viento. 

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Go read it!!!

- See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2013/08/some-friday-fun.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment